Benefits of Magnesium
BENEFITS OF MAGNESIUM
Magnesium is one of the six essential macro-minerals that comprise 99% of the body’s mineral content. Magnesium helps build bones, enables nerves to function, and is essential to the production of energy from food.
- Promotes better sleep
- Reduces muscle aches, pains, cramping and spasms
- Provides healthy skin and reduces outbreaks of eczema
- Helps in relaxation and stress management
- Increases energy levels and improve moods
- Enhances athletic performance, energy and exercise recovery
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, arthritis and chronic illness
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Maintains a healthy blood sugar balance
- Helps relieve depression, anxiety and improve moods
Magnesium is an essential mineral for bones and muscles. It is vital for the human heart, brain, and nervous system. There are several health benefits of Magnesium.
- Protein Synthesis
- Muscles and nerves function
- blood glucose control and blood pressure regulation
- Bone structural development
- Synthesis of DNA and RNA
- Antioxidant Glutathione
- Active transport of calcium and potassium ions across the cell membranes
Magnesium is Good for Your Health
Magnesium is a safe and required dietary element, whose ability to contribute towards optimal health is explained simply by observing one of the primary causes poor health—a body functioning in deficit.
Medical scientists continue to tease out the details of the biochemical processes that can malfunction as a result of magnesium deficiency. Yet it remains true that scientists have known for decades that magnesium is an essential mineral vital to good health. And natural sources of magnesium have been prized both for nutrition and healing for centuries.
Proof for the ability of magnesium to address a wide range of health concerns comes on an ongoing basis. Meanwhile, we live in a population starved for more of this essential nutrient. No further proof is necessary to maintain and seek the benefits of magnesium toward optimal health and well-being.
Importance of Magnesium:
Magnesium is a must needed mineral for the following body functions.
- Essential for energy production in the body
- Required for oxidative phosphorylation and glycolysis
- Keeps away pregnancy complications
- It decreases the irregular heartbeats
- Constipation as an antacid for hurt burn
As you can imagine, without magnesium your body is going to be performing at very much less than full capacity. A deficiency in magnesium can go from slight to very severe and your body will be signaling to you that it is in trouble.
Magnesium is a mineral that’s crucial to the body’s function. Magnesium helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and the heart rhythm steady.
Why do people take magnesium?
Experts say that many people in the U.S. aren’t eating enough foods with magnesium. Adults who consume less than the recommended amount of magnesium are more likely to have elevated inflammation markers. Inflammation, in turn, has been associated with major health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers. Also, low magnesium appears to be a risk factor for osteoporosis.
How does it works?
Magnesium is required for the proper growth and maintenance of bones. Magnesium is also required for the proper function of nerves, muscles, and many other parts of the body. In the stomach, magnesium helps neutralize stomach acid and moves stools through the intestine.
How much magnesium do you need?
The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) includes the magnesium you get from both the food you eat and any supplements you take.